Homemade Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs
Awesome baked spaghetti and meatballs! Well worth the time!
- Serves: 1 person
- ¼cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1¼ pounds ground beef
- ¾tablespoon dried oregano, divided
- ¾tablespoon garlic powder, divided
- ¾tablespoon ground black pepper, divided
- ¾tablespoon dried basil, divided
- 1tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1onion, chopped
- 2(6.5 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1(6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1(6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1(14 ounce) package spaghetti
- ¼cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Step 2Mix eggs and bread crumbs together in a bowl. Add ground beef. Add 1/2 of the oregano, garlic powder, black pepper, and basil. Mix well. Shape into meatballs that are about 1 inch in diameter.
Step 3Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook meatballs in the pan with onion until golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, mushrooms, and remaining oregano, garlic powder, black pepper, and basil. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
Step 4Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
Step 5Place spaghetti into a 9x13-inch baking pan and pour sauce evenly over the top. Top with Parmesan cheese and cover with aluminum foil.
Step 6Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.