Fresh Corn Salad Recipe
Corn salad is a delicious summer side dish made with sweet corn, sour cream, juicy tomatoes, and tart green onions.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 6ears of corn or 1 16-ounce package frozen corn (thawed and drained)
- 1green or red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1bunch green onions (sliced)
- 2tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- ½cup sour cream
- ⅓cup mayonnaise
- ¼cup fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 2tablespoons garlic vinegar
- ¼cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Step 1First, husk the corn and remove the silk. In a large pot of boiling sugared water, cook corn for 1-2 minutes. Really, this short amount of time is perfect as you just want to heat the kernels. Place the corn in a bowl of ice water and let stand 3-4 minutes.
Step 2Cut the corn off the cob using a sharp knife. I like to stand the cobs on end in the center of a bundt pan. The kernels will fall into the pan and make less of a mess.
Step 3Combine the corn kernels in a large bowl with the green pepper, onions, and tomatoes.
Step 4In a small bowl combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, basil, garlic vinegar, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper and then stir to combine.
Step 5Pour this dressing over the corn mixture and toss gently to coat. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving.