Apple Cider-Ranch Roasted Chicken
I was experimenting with beer can chicken without the beer. This turned out great and it's very easy to make!
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1(3 pound) whole chicken
- ½cup dry ranch dressing mix
- 2tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1tablespoon ground paprika
- 1tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- ⅔cup apple cider, divided
- 1medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- ⅓cup apple cider
- 1tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix
Step 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Step 2Rinse chicken and remove insides; dry off with a paper towel.
Step 3Combine ranch dressing mix, granulated garlic, poultry seasoning, paprika, and cayenne for rub in a bowl.
Step 4Rub chicken with oil. Put 1/3 cup apple cider, onion wedges, and fresh garlic inside the chicken, using onions to block the opening. Sprinkle rub all over using a teaspoon; be sure to coat legs and under wings.
Step 5Place chicken on a stand-up roasting rack and set into a deep baking dish. Pour in remaining apple cider and ranch dressing mix.
Step 6Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue to bake until no longer pink in the center, the juices run clear, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, cover tightly with foil, and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.