Jerk-seasoned pork & pineapple skewers with black beans & rice
Pop these healthy kebabs on a griddle or the BBQ – they're packed with Creole spices and are a lean treat
- Serves: 4 persons
- 400g pork fillet , cut into 4cm chunks
- 2tbsp jerk or Creole seasoning
- 1tsp ground allspice
- 1tbsp hot chilli sauce , plus extra to serve (optional)
- 3limes , zest and juice 1, other 2 cut into wedges to serve
- ½small pineapple , peeled , cored and cut into 4cm chunks
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g basmati rice
- 400g can black bean , drained and rinsed
Step 1Mix together the pork, jerk seasoning, allspice, chilli sauce, if using, lime zest and juice, and some seasoning. Thread the pork and pineapple onto metal skewers (or pre-soaked wooden skewers) and brush with the oil.
Step 2Cook rice following pack instructions. Drain well, then put back in the saucepan with the beans, stir and keep warm.
Step 3Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan until very hot. Cook the skewers for 3 mins on each side until nicely charred and the pork is cooked through. Serve skewers with the beans and rice, extra chilli sauce, if you like, and lime wedges for squeezing over.