Corn and Chayote Squash Soup
Corn, carrots, chayote, yucca, and vegetable soup. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 3yucca, peeled and chopped
- 1medium head cabbage, chopped
- 4chayote squash, peeled and chopped
- 1(12 ounce) package carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2ears fresh corn, halved
- 2(14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1cup water to cover
- 1pinch salt to taste
Step 1Combine yucca, cabbage, chayote squash, carrots, and corn in a large pot. Add chicken broth and enough water to cover and bring to a boil.
Step 2Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, about 1 hour. Season with salt.