Vegan Mushroom Cream Sauce For Pasta
Use any type of mushrooms you like in this creamy vegan mushroom sauce. It's just delicious over fettuccine pasta, egg noodles, or even tofu steaks.
- Serves: 2 persons
- 2tablespoons vegan margarine (divided)
- 8–12 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1clove garlic (minced)
- 1tablespoon flour
- 1 ¼cups soy milk (unsweetened)
- 1tablespoon parsley (fresh; chopped, plus more for garnish)
- ½lemon (juiced; about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- Pinch of salt (sea or Kosher; to taste)
- Pinch of black pepper (freshly ground; to taste)
- 10ounces pasta (cooked according to package instructions)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Melt 1 tablespoon of the vegan margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic and sauté until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and garlic from the pan and set aside.
Step 3Again over medium heat, melt the second tablespoon of vegan margarine. Stir in the flour to form a paste and allow to cook for about 1 minute.
Step 4Gradually stir in the soy milk and whisk the mixture together until it's smooth and a thick paste.
Step 5Add the mushrooms, fresh parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thick.
Step 6Pour the fresh mushroom cream sauce over warm cooked pasta or noodles. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley (if desired). Serve immediately and enjoy.