Lemony Zucchini Slaw
This salad of julienned zucchini is dressed in yogurt and tossed with a generous amount of lemon juice and zest. Use as many bright herbs as possible, or a single herb if you prefer, and chop them at the last minute.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1 ½pounds small zucchini or summer squash, preferably a mix of colors
- Salt and pepper
- 1tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3tablespoons lemon juice
- 1cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- 2tablespoons roughly chopped chervil
- 2tablespoons roughly chopped mint
- 2tablespoons roughly chopped sorrel
- 4ounces feta cheese, crumbled, for garnish
- 3tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted, for garnish
Step 1Top and tail the zucchini. Julienne with a large knife, mandoline, food processor or spiralizer.
Step 2Transfer zucchini to a large bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add lemon zest and juice and toss well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
Step 3Add yogurt and toss to coat well. Taste and adjust seasoning. Add chopped herbs and mix gently. Garnish with feta and pine nuts to serve.