This is a fun recipe that uses langostino tails to make a tasty bisque. I use Aleppo pepper in this which is about half a hot as crushed red pepper. It adds a bit of warmth and enhances the flavors. Serve with croutons or your favorite crackers.
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1medium sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1cup chicken bone broth
- 1cup clam juice
- ½cup coarsely chopped fresh mushrooms
- ½cup coarsely chopped celery with leaves
- ½cup coarsely chopped carrots
- ½cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- ½teaspoon ground Aleppo pepper, or more to taste
- ¼teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- ¼teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1(12 ounce) package frozen pre-cooked langostinos (such as Trader Joe's®), thawed, divided
- 1cup heavy whipping cream
- ½cup Marsala wine
- 1cup croutons
Step 1Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add bone broth, clam juice, mushrooms, celery, carrots, bell pepper, 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Stir in 1/3 of the langostino tails; bring to a boil.
Step 2Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Add cream, Marsala wine, and remaining langostino tails.
Step 3Return to the stove over low and heat until flavors have blended, about 5 minutes; do not boil.
Step 4Taste and season as needed with salt and Aleppo pepper.
Step 5Ladle into bowls and garnish with croutons.