Warm Italian Potato Salad
Adapted a recipe that I watched my uncle make. Delicious served either warm or at room temperature. Perfect for those people who don't like mayo.
- Serves: 3 persons
- 1tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 10small red potatoes, or to taste
- 4small baby eggplants, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3canned roasted red bell pepper slices, drained and chopped
- 2green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1red onion, cut into large chunks
- 2cloves cloves garlic, quartered
- 1tablespoon olive oil, or to taste
- ½cup olive oil
- 1teaspoon garlic salt
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- ½teaspoon dried basil
- ½tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
Step 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Step 2Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil over the red potatoes. Pierce potatoes with a fork and arrange onto a baking sheet. Spread baby eggplant pieces, red bell pepper slices, green bell pepper pieces, red onion, and garlic onto a separate baking sheet; drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the vegetables. Stir 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic salt, oregano, basil, and black pepper together in a bowl.
Step 3Roast potatoes in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Put baking sheet into the oven and continue roasting potatoes and the vegetables until the potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes more. Let everything cool for 10 minutes.
Step 4Cut potatoes into bite-size chunks and put into a bowl. Drizzle olive oil and seasoning mixture over the potatoes and stir to coat; add the roasted vegetables and stir.