Fajita Lettuce Cups
Refreshing, crisp, delicious! My husband loves this dish. It's super easy and you can use pretty much whatever you have in the kitchen: chicken, shrimp, etc. Top with cilantro, Mexican-style sour cream, and cotija cheese.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2tablespoons buttery spread (such as Smart Balance®)
- 1(1 ounce) package fajita seasoning
- 1white onion, chopped
- 2cloves garlic, crushed
- 1red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1pound steak, cut into very small pieces
- 10medium (blank)s cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½head iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
Step 1Melt buttery spread in a large skillet. Add fajita seasoning and stir until thoroughly mixed. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add red pepper and cook for 2 minutes more. Stir in steak and mushrooms. Cook until steak is no longer red but still juicy, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
Step 2Serve warm in lettuce cups.