Spicy and Sweet Mango-Peach Sauce
This is an easy sweet and spicy sauce for serving with chicken, pork, or veggies. Adjust pepper types and quantities for more or less heat.
- Serves: 3 persons
- 3medium (blank)s fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
- 1medium fresh mango, peeled and chopped
- 1cup chopped fresh pineapple
- ¼cup triple sec
- 2tablespoons spicy mustard
- 2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1medium lime, juiced
- ½cup brown sugar
- 1medium fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛teaspoon ground cloves
Step 1Heat peaches, mango, pineapple, triple sec, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and lime juice in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until just boiling.
Step 2Reduce heat to medium-low. Add brown sugar, jalapeno, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne pepper, and cloves. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened and somewhat chunky, about 45 minutes; stir occasionally to prevent burning.