Lemon Dump Cake
This easy cake is the perfect balance of tart, creamy, and sweet, and the texture is soft with just the right amount of crispness.
- Serves: 1 person
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1(22 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- 1(15.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1(8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- ½cup salted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1(8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip®), thawed
Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2Spread the lemon pie filling onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish in an even layer with a spatula.
Step 3Sprinkle half of the cake mix in an even layer over the lemon pie filling. Add the pieces of the cream cheese evenly over the cake mix, then top with the remaining cake mix in an even layer. Add the butter pieces, spaced out evenly over the top of final cake mix layer.
Step 4Bake in the preheated oven until the topping is browned and the cake mix powder has all absorbed and baked, 35 to 45 minutes.
Step 5Serve topped with Cool Whip®.