Cinnamon Applesauce Pancakes from RiceSelect®
Applesauce, vanilla, cinnamon and cooked brown rice bring extra flavor and richness to these delicious pancakes.
- Serves: 4 persons
- ½cup cooked RiceSelect® Texmati® Brown Rice
- ⅔cup skim milk
- 2tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1egg, slightly beaten
- ½tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- ½cup rice flour
- 2tablespoons coconut flour
- 1tablespoon stevia powder or sweetener of choice
- 2tablespoons powdered milk
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- ½teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- ½cup butter, softened
- ¼cup dark brown sugar
- ¼teaspoon ground cinnamon
Step 1Combine cooked rice, milk, applesauce, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk until well combined.
Step 2Combine remaining pancake ingredients and stir into the brown rice mixture until well blended.
Step 3Heat a large nonstick skillet (sprayed with vegetable spray) over medium heat. Pour batter into skillet, about 1/4 cup per pancake.
Step 4Flip after 2-3 minutes or when edges start to turn golden and bubbles begin to appear on surface.
Step 5Cook another 1-2 minutes on second side until golden.
Step 6Top pancakes with butter mixture and cooked apples, if desired.