Strawberry Shortcake Toss
Cubes of sweet bread and fresh strawberries come together splendidly in this lively dessert treat!
- Serves: 6 persons
- 3(1/2-inch) center slices King's Hawaiian® Sweet Bread
- 2tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼cup margarine, melted
- 2½ cups sliced strawberries
- 3cups non-dairy whipped topping
- 1cup Strawberries to garnish
Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2Blend sugar and cinnamon together. Brush both sides of bread lightly with margarine. Generously sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
Step 3BAKE cubes on a baking sheet with a lip for 8-9 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring once. Set aside to cool.
Step 4Toss together croutons and berries. Spread evenly into an 8x8x2-inch pan. Spread whipped topping evenly to cover filling*.
Step 5Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Sprinkle top with cinnamon-sugar, if desired.