When Queso Met Buffalo Wings...The Rest is Wing-story
- Serves: 6 persons
- 2pounds fresh split chicken wings, rinsed under cool water and patted completely dry
- 1teaspoon salt
- ½teaspoon pepper
- 16-ounces Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 1(14.5-ounces) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1tablespoon Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- ½teaspoon paprika
- ½cup whole milk
- Garnish: 1/2 cup pickled jalapeños (sliced) or thin sliced fresh jalapeños
- Serving suggestion: extra queso for dipping, plus carrots and celery
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Preheat a convection oven to 450 F (conventional oven to 475 F) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and a baking rack.
Step 3Salt and pepper the dry chicken wings and place them on a rack on the prepared baking sheet.
Step 4Bake the wings for 30 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until the wings are slightly crispy.
Step 5Meanwhile, make the queso: In a large microwave-safe bowl, mix the Velveeta, diced tomatoes, buffalo sauce, garlic powder, paprika, and milk.
Step 6Microwave on high for 4 minutes and mix well to combine all ingredients. Continue microwaving for another minute, or until the queso is hot.
Step 7When the wings have finished their first cook, toss them in the queso using tongs and return them to the rack to roast for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until bubbling and browned and the internal temperature reads 165 F .
Step 8Top the wings with pickled or fresh jalapeños. Serve with extra queso for dipping, carrots, and celery.