Eric and Debi's Seafood Seviche
This is a fresh seafood dish that pops with flavor and keeps you coming back for more. Serve with toasted points of fresh, gourmet bread.
- Serves: 5 persons
- ½pound halibut fillets, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 10peeled and deveined shrimp, cut into small pieces
- 4large sea scallops, cut into small pieces
- ½cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3large jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- ⅓cup diced Maui onion
- ¼cup chopped green olives
- 1tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1(6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1large tomato, diced
Step 1Stir the halibut, shrimp, scallops, lemon juice, and grapefruit juice together in a glass bowl. Cover, and refrigerate at least 6 hours until the halibut turns opaque.
Step 2Stir the bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, onion, olives, ginger, sugar, salt, and tomato paste together in a glass bowl until no chunks of tomato paste remain. Drain the seafood, and add to the vegetable mixture along with the tomatoes. Gently stir until evenly combined, then return to the refrigerator to chill at least 15 minutes before serving.