Miso steak with noodle salad
Looking for a quick, nutritious dish for busy days? Try our speedy, easy miso steak with a noodle and veg salad – it's healthy, low in calories and tastes great
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp grated ginger
- 2thick sirloin steaks (about 375g), trimmed of all visible fat, then cut into strips
- ½tbsp brown miso paste
- 320g long-stemmed broccoli, stems thickly sliced, florets left whole
- 3nests wholemeal noodles (132g dry weight)
- 5 ½tbsp brown miso paste
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 3tbsp cider vinegar
- 3tbsp ginger
- 5 ½tbsp olive oil
- 1red onion, finely chopped
- 2carrots (150g), cut into matchsticks
- 4tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Step 1For the salad, simmer the broccoli in a large pan of boiling water for 3-4 mins. Meanwhile, cook the noodles following pack instructions, then drain both and set aside.
Step 2For the dressing, whisk the miso paste in a large bowl with the lemon juice, vinegar, ginger and oil. Toss with the cooked broccoli, noodles, red onion, carrots, tomatoes and sesame seeds.
Step 3For the steak, heat a wok or frying pan over a medium heat and briefly stir-fry the garlic and ginger until they begin to colour. Add the steak and stir-fry for a few minutes until brown. Pile half on top of the noodle salad. Add the miso to the wok with 2 tbsp water to lift the ginger and garlic from the pan, then spoon over the meat. Serve half and chill the rest for another day. Will keep chilled for two days.