Curried Potato and Chickpea Soup
A wholesome and delicious potato and chickpea soup that is vegan and versatile!
- Serves: 8 persons
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ onions, chopped
- 3tablespoons curry powder
- 2tablespoons ground cumin
- 1tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1tablespoon ground coriander
- 2tablespoons water, or as needed
- 8cups vegetable broth
- 6cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 2cups peeled and diced white potatoes
- 2(15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat; stir in onions. Cook and stir until the onions has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
Step 2Stir in curry powder, cumin, turmeric, and coriander, adding water as needed so nothing sticks to the bottom. Add vegetable broth, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, and chickpeas. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook until potatoes are soft enough to blend, about 20 minutes.
Step 3Blend soup with an immersion blender until desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.