Everything Bagel Dip
Think of this as a deconstructed everything bagel with extra schmear. A little tangy from sour cream, this spread can be used as a dip for pretzels, potato chips, raw vegetables and, yes, bagel chips. But it's just as good on a sandwich — or even a bagel, if you're crazy for everything spice. One thing to note: If you're making it by hand, make sure to keep your cream cheese quite soft. It'll make things a lot easier.
- Serves: 2 persons
- 2tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1teaspoon fennel or caraway seeds
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon flaky salt
- 8ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces, at room temperature
- 1 ½cups sour cream
- Crudités, bagel chips, potato chips and-or pretzels, for serving
- Make ahead: Dip can be made 5 days before serving.
Step 1In a small bowl, mix together the dried onion, seeds, garlic powder and flaky salt. In a medium bowl, using a whisk or an electric hand mixer, blend together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth and fluffy. Stir in all but 1 tablespoon of spice mixture.
Step 2Eat at once, or refrigerate for 15 minutes or up to 5 days for dip to thicken and flavors to meld. Garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon spice mixture, and serve chips, vegetables or pretzels.