Easy Strawberry Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Our easy strawberry cake is made with a cake mix and strawberry gelatin. The cream cheese frosting is flavored with mashed strawberries.
- Serves: 12 persons
- 1package cake mix (white or yellow)
- 1(3-ounce) package strawberry-flavored gelatin powder
- ½cup vegetable oil
- 4large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼cup water
- ¾cup strawberries, mashed
- For the Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ¼cup butter, room temperature
- 8ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4tablespoons strawberries, mashed or pureed
- 5to 6 cups confectioners' sugar
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 2 (8- or 9-inch) round cake pans or 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with cupcake liners.
Step 3Combine white or yellow cake mix and strawberry-flavored gelatin powder in a large bowl.
Step 4Beat in vegetable oil, eggs, water, and 3/4 cup of mashed strawberries.
Step 5Divide batter between 2 prepared cake pans or among lined muffin pans.
Step 6Bake for 30 minutes for cake or about 18 to 20 minutes for cupcakes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Step 7Cool cake or cupcakes in pan on racks for about 10 minutes. Remove from pans onto racks to cool completely.
Step 8For frosting, beat butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
Step 9Add 4 tablespoons mashed or pureed strawberries and about 5 cups of confectioners' sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy. Add more confectioners' sugar to thicken, if needed.
Step 10Spread frosting between cake layers and then frost top and sides of cake. Or spread or pipe frosting onto cupcakes.