Julia's New Mexican Guacamole
This dip recipe was passed from my mother to me when I was young and I'd like to share it with anyone who enjoys fresh, spicy, chunky guacamole. Enjoy!
- Serves: 8 persons
- 2ripe avocados
- 1(8 ounce) package cream cheese (such as Philadelphia®), softened
- 2Roma tomatoes, diced
- 4serrano peppers, finely chopped
- 3jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons finely chopped Hatch green chile peppers
- 3hot yellow chile peppers, finely chopped
- 1lime, juiced
- 1teaspoon garlic powder, or more to taste
- 5drops hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- salt to taste
Step 1Pit and spoon avocados into a small bowl and add cream cheese. Mash together until well blended.
Step 2Add tomatoes and peppers to the mixture and mix well. Mix in lime juice, garlic powder, hot sauce, and salt. Chill for at least 20 minutes before serving.