Whole Wheat Bread From a Bread Machine
Are you on a diet and tempted by your bread machine? Instead of giving up bread altogether, why not try our easy recipe for whole wheat bread.
- Serves: 12 persons
- 1 ½cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2teaspoons salt
- ⅓cup brown sugar (packed)
- 4 ¼cups whole wheat flour
- 3tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 2teaspoons active dry yeast
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Place ingredients in bread pan in the order listed or according to the manufacturer's directions.
Step 3When adding the yeast last, make a small well with your finger to place the yeast. This will ensure the proper timing of the yeast reaction.
Step 4Use Whole Wheat or Timed Cycle, or follow the manufacturer's directions.