Green Goddess Dressing
Unlike more complicated versions of green goddess, this one, adapted from the cookbook author Jessica Battilana, comes together quickly in a food processor. Mayonnaise and full-fat Greek yogurt give the dressing richness and tang, while parsley, basil and tarragon lend the springtime perfume of fine herbs. Two anchovy fillets offer salt and a rumor of umami. The recipe is so mouth-smackingly perfect that it doesn’t require any adjusting. Serve with this greenest-green salad. Use leftover dressing as a dip, alongside carrots, cucumbers and radishes, or as an accompaniment to grilled fish or chicken.
- Serves: 1 person
- 2oil-packed anchovy fillets
- ½cup mayonnaise, preferably Hellmann’s/Best Foods
- ⅓cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- ½cup parsley leaves
- ⅓cup basil leaves
- 1to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 3tablespoons minced chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
Step 1In a food processor, combine the anchovies, mayonnaise, yogurt, parsley, basil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Process until smooth and uniformly green. Transfer to a lidded jar, and stir in the tarragon and chives. Adjust seasoning as needed with salt, pepper and lemon juice.