Michelle's Chicken Yakitori
Delicious appetizer of skewers of chicken with a sweet glaze.
- Serves: 4 persons
- ½cup soy sauce
- ½cup sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 1tablespoon white sugar
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 24 cubes
- 4green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8(6-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for 2 hours
Step 1Whisk soy sauce, sake, sugar, and ginger together in a bowl. Add chicken cubes; toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
Step 2Thread chicken cubes and green onions onto skewers.
Step 3Pour marinade into a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
Step 4Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill skewers until chicken is browned, for 3 minutes. Flip and brush with warm marinade. Cook until second side is browned, about 3 minutes more.