Gluten-Free Holiday Bliss Cookie Bars
Using a basic cookie recipe, I revised it to be gluten-free and instead of the soft cake-like texture that Starbucks® Cranberry Bliss Bars have, these have a chewy, cookie-like texture. Also, I reduced the sugar so they're not quite so sweet.
- Serves: 48 persons
- 1cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾cup brown sugar
- ½cup white sugar
- 2large eggs
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups gluten-free flour blend (such as Namaste Perfect Flour Blend™)
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon salt
- ½teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1(8 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- ¾cup shredded coconut
- 1(16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- ½cup chopped dried cranberries, or to taste
Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13-inch pan.
Step 2Beat butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth.
Step 3Stir flour, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum together in a separate bowl. Stir 1/2 of the flour mixture into the egg mixture; mix well. Stir in remaining flour mixture, along with white chocolate chips and coconut. Mix well. Press into the prepared pan.
Step 4Bake in the preheated oven until the edges start to brown, about 23 minutes. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Step 5Frost with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with cranberry bits. Cut into 48 triangles.