No-Cook, Large-Batch Fresh Tomatillo Salsa
I made this recipe to satisfy my craving for fresh salsa. Since I can't eat raw tomatoes, I substituted tomatillos. It worked! Now I can eat yummy salsa again.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 10pounds fresh tomatillos, husks removed
- 1pound roasted green chile peppers, stems removed
- ½pound celery
- ½pound onion
- ½cup lime juice
- ¼cup dried parsley
- 3tablespoons kosher salt
- 2tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 2tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2tablespoons minced garlic
- 2tablespoons dried sage
- 2tablespoons crushed dried rosemary leaves
- 1tablespoon ground cumin
Step 1Blend tomatillos, chile peppers, celery, and onion together in a food processor to desired consistency, working in batches. Pour into a 2-gallon stockpot as you go. Add lime juice, parsley, salt, oregano, pepper, garlic, sage, rosemary, and cumin; stir thoroughly.
Step 2Cover and allow to sit 8 hours to overnight outside of the refrigerator. Serve or spoon into plastic freezer bags and freeze.