Chinese Noodles in Soup Recipe
Noodles in soup are far more popular than fried noodles. This recipe for Chinese noodles in soup comes from Chef Deh-ta Hsiung.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 8ounces chicken breast or pork fillet (or ready-cooked meat)
- 3to 4 small Chinese dried mushrooms (soaked)
- 4ounces sliced bamboo shoots (rinsed and drained)
- 4ounces spinach leaves, lettuce hearts, or Chinese leaves
- 2spring onions (finely shredded)
- 1pound fresh or 9 ounces dried egg noodles
- 2 ¼cups stock
- 2tablespoons seasoned oil
- 1teaspoon salt
- ½teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 1tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2teaspoons Chinese rice wine
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Thinly shred the meat. Squeeze dry the soaked mushrooms and discard any hard stalks. Thinly shred the mushrooms. Set aside.
Step 3Cook the noodles in boiling, salted water according to the instructions on the packet, then drain and rinse under cold water. Shake off excess water and place in a serving bowl.
Step 4Bring the stock to a boil and pour over the noodles; keep warm.
Step 5Heat the oil in a preheated wok, add about half the spring onions and all the meat; stir-fry for about 1 minute.
Step 6Now add the mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and greens and stir-fry for another minute. Add the salt, brown sugar, light soy sauce, rice wine, and sesame oil.
Step 7Pour the "dressing" (meat and vegetables) over the noodles, garnish with the remaining spring onions, and serve.