Summer veg tostadas
Whip up these colourful veggie tostadas in just 30 minutes. Packed with summer veg, they make a flavourful, healthy and low-calorie midweek meal
- Serves: 4 persons
- 4mini tortillas
- 4tsp vegetable oil
- 1courgette, sliced lengthways, quartered then cut into 3cm chunks
- 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- ½tsp smoked paprika
- 80g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 250g frozen peas, defrosted
- 1garlic clove, peeled
- 2mint sprigs, leaves picked and roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
- small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 2limes, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges to serve
- 80g natural yogurt
Step 1Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Brush the tortillas with 2 tsp of the oil and arrange on two baking trays. Lightly season. Bake for 5 mins, then turn over, rotate the trays and cook for a further 3 mins until crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Step 2Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium- high heat. Add the courgette and sweetcorn and cook, stirring a couple of times until they start to colour at the edges, about 6-8 mins. Add the smoked paprika and cook for a further minute. Set aside to cool slightly before tossing in the tomatoes and spring onions, then some seasoning to taste.
Step 3Put the peas, garlic, mint, most of the coriander, the lime juice and remaining oil in a mini food processor with some seasoning and pulse until you have a guacamole-like consistency. Add a splash of water if it’s too thick.
Step 4To serve, spread each tortilla with the pea dip and top with the veg. Garnish with the remaining coriander and a dollop of yogurt. Serve with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over.