Easy Stir-Fried Thai Garlic Shrimp
This recipe for stir-fried shrimp in a tangy Thai garlic sauce takes just 15 minutes. It's a perfect weeknight dish and makes a great party appetizer.
- Serves: 2 persons
- For the Marinade:
- 1 ½–2 tablespoons oyster sauce (Thai oyster sauce or Lee Kum Kee)
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1tablespoon fish sauce
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 4to 6 cloves garlic (minced, to taste)
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1red chili pepper (minced, or 1/3 teaspoon dried crushed chili; to taste)
- For the Stir-Fry:
- 12to 15 medium to large shrimp (or prawns ; butterflied, shells can be removed or left on)
- 2to 3 tablespoons oil (for stir-frying)
- Garnish: 1 lemon (cut into wedges)
- Garnish: 1/2 cup coriander (fresh)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2In a bowl, combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, garlic, lime juice, and chili pepper. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
Step 3Place shrimp in the marinade and stir well to coat.
Step 4In a wok or frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the shrimp along with the marinade.
Step 5Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until the shrimp are plump and pink. They will also be lightly browned from the sauce. Avoid overcooking or the shrimp will turn rubbery.
Step 6Test the sauce for taste and adjust as needed to achieve a salty-sweet balance. Add more sugar if it's too sour. If it's too salty or sweet, add more lime juice.
Step 7Top the shrimp with coriander and add some lemon slices on the side. Enjoy!