A great side dish to any holiday meal. It can also be served as breakfast or dessert! Use a sweet variety of apples, not bitter or sour.
- Serves: 12 persons
- 3cups peeled and chopped apples
- 1(12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 2cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1½ cups white sugar, divided
- ¾cup butter, melted, divided
- 1cup quick-cooking oats
Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Step 2Mix apples, cranberries, 1 cup pecans, 1 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup butter together in a bowl; divide between two 8x8-inch baking dishes.
Step 3Stir 1 cup pecans, oats, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup butter together in a bowl; sprinkle over each cranberry mixture.
Step 4Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and topping is lightly browned, 30 to 40 minutes.