Homemade Spicy Mac and Cheese with Tomatoes
Macaroni in a tomato and cheese sauce with spicy peppers. Very easy to make using ingredients right off the shelf at your local grocer.
- Serves: 10 persons
- 1(14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1(14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapeno
- 1(11 ounce) can tomato bisque
- 2(4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1(16 ounce) package medium pasta shells
- 2(8 ounce) packages shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2(8 ounce) packages shredded pepper Jack cheese
Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Step 2Mix diced tomatoes, diced tomatoes with jalapeno, tomato bisque, and green chilies together in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and let simmer.
Step 3Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add shells and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and place into the bottom of a casserole dish.
Step 4Pour tomato sauce over pasta and stir in 1/2 Colby-Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 pepper Jack cheese. Top with remaining 1/2 Colby-Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 pepper Jack cheese.
Step 5Bake in the preheated oven until cheese begins to brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before serving.