A spicy chicken dish that's easy to make yet very satisfying. Served over rice.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2cups water
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 1(15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1(14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1(14.5 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1½ tablespoons chili powder
Step 1In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
Step 2Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken strips 10 minutes, or until browned and juices run clear.
Step 3In a saucepan over medium-low heat, mix the black beans, diced tomatoes, green beans, Creole seasoning, and chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
Step 4Mix the chicken into the bean and tomato mixture, and continue cooking 5 minutes. Serve over the rice.