Tuna, spring onion & sweetcorn fritters
Make these easy tuna, sweetcorn and spring onion fritters for a family-friendly meal. They're versatile and can be served for brunch, lunch or dinner
- Serves: 4 persons
- 125ml milk
- 3eggs, beaten
- 150g self-raising flour
- 300g frozen sweetcorn, defrosted (or use cooked fresh corn)
- ½bunch of spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- 2x 112g cans tuna, drained and roughly flaked
- sunflower or vegetable oil, for frying
- 100g soured cream
- hot sauce, to serve (optional)
Step 1Mix the milk and eggs together in a jug with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Sift the flour into a bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the egg mixture in a thin, steady stream, whisking well until combined. Stir in the sweetcorn, spring onions, lemon zest and tuna.
Step 2Heat a drop of oil in a non-stick or cast iron frying pan over a medium heat. Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the pan and cook until crisp and golden, about 2-3 mins, flip and repeat on the other side (you'll need to do this in batches). Keep warm in a low oven and repeat with the remaining batter.
Step 3Serve the hot fritters with the lemon wedges for squeezing over, the soured cream and hot sauce, if using.