Fresh Ranch Dip
Creamy yogurt served alongside salty chips and vegetables, like crisp Persian cucumber, never disappoints. In this superbly simple recipe, a tub of Greek yogurt is transformed into a delicious dip that’s loosely inspired by the dominant flavors of ranch dressing. Add a handful of fragrant dill and chives, brighten things up with a little lemon juice and lemon zest, and you have yourself a party for a crowd (or for one!). This dip can be made a day in advance and travels well if kept cool.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1(16-ounce) container plain Greek yogurt, preferably full-fat
- 1large garlic clove, finely grated
- ½cup finely chopped fresh dill leaves
- 2tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 1small lemon
- Kosher salt (such as Diamond Crystal)
- Potato chips, Persian cucumbers or other crudités, for serving
Step 1Place the yogurt in a medium bowl. (Save the container for storing your dip.) Add the garlic, dill and chives. Add ½ teaspoon of lemon zest and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and season with salt (about 1 teaspoon). Stir to combine and taste for seasoning. Be mindful not to oversalt if you plan to serve this with salty chips. Serve right away or transfer back to the container, cover and store in the fridge for up to 1 day.