Vegan Avocado Ranch Dressing
This dressing has the creamy, tangy, herby trifecta of ranch, but gets there with all plant-based ingredients. Creamy, ripe avocado is blended with the brine of dill pickles, whose garlic and dill seed echo the seasonings in traditional ranch. Blend in fresh dill and garlic for brightness, then stir in finely chopped pickles for texture. Eat it over greens or with chicken cutlets, spread it on a sandwich or serve it as a dip with chips and crudités.
- Serves: 1 person
- 1medium, ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- ½cup roughly chopped dill fronds and stems, plus more as needed
- 4teaspoons dill pickle brine, plus more as needed
- 1small garlic clove, grated
- 3tablespoons finely chopped dill pickles
- Kosher salt and black pepper
Step 1In a food processor, combine the avocado, dill, pickle brine and garlic with ⅓ cup water. Season with salt and pepper, and process until smooth.
Step 2Stir in the chopped pickles. Taste and adjust balance and consistency with more brine, water, salt, black pepper and dill.