Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Delicious, savory, and visually enticing chicken and broccoli stir-fry recipe! This is a double recipe because leftovers are fantastic and the single recipe never seems to be enough! Halve the recipe if desired. Serve with hot cooked brown or white rice.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 6tablespoons soy sauce
- 3tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 4large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2cups boiling water, or more as needed
- 1½ tablespoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- ½teaspoon ground ginger, or more to taste
- ¼cup canola oil, divided
- 2tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 4cups fresh broccoli florets, or more to taste
- 1medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1medium onion, diced
- 2tablespoons minced garlic
- ½teaspoon crushed red pepper, or more to taste
- 1cup toasted slivered almonds
Step 1Combine soy sauce and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in a glass bowl or zip-top bag. Add chicken; stir to coat. Remove all air from baggie before sealing, or cover the bowl. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
Step 2Combine boiling water and bouillon granules in another bowl, stir until dissolved. Add remaining cornstarch and ginger; stir to combine.
Step 3Heat half of the canola oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C) in an electric skillet or in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, bell peppers, onion, and garlic. Stir-fry until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon to a serving dish.
Step 4Heat remaining canola oil and sesame oil in same skillet to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C) or medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture and crushed red pepper. Stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink in the centers and juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes. Return vegetables to the skillet. Add bouillon mixture. Stir until thickened. Stir in optional almonds.