Quick Taco Bake Pie
Easy taco bake that reheats wonderfully!
- Serves: 8 persons
- 1pound ground beef
- 1(1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1cup salsa
- ½(15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1(8.5 ounce) package corn bread mix (such as Jiffy®)
- ⅓cup milk
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1tablespoon corn oil
- ½cup corn
- 1cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1cup corn chips, partially crushed
Step 1Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until brown and crumbled, 7 to 10 minutes; drain grease. Add taco seasoning; mix well. Stir in salsa and black beans; remove from heat.
Step 2Grease a 9-inch pie pan or casserole dish.
Step 3Mix corn bread mix, milk, egg, honey, and corn oil together in a bowl until batter is smooth; stir in corn. Pour batter into pie pan. Layer ground beef mixture over batter; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Top with corn chips.
Step 4Place in a cold oven; set temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake until sides are golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.