Pasta Salad With Chicken and Spinach Recipe
This is a flavorful chicken and pasta salad, with garlic, bell pepper, spinach, and a lemony mayonnaise dressing.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 8ounces pasta (fusilli, rotini, etc.)
- 1 ½to 2 cups spinach leaves
- ½red bell pepper
- 12grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes , halved)
- ¼cup diced red onion
- 1medium clove garlic (finely minced)
- 2cups chopped chicken (cooked or canned)
- 1to 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1teaspoon Dijon or a favorite gourmet mustard
- ⅛teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½teaspoon dried leaf basil
- salt (to taste)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Cook the pasta in boiling salted water following the package directions; drain and rinse well. Set aside to cool.
Step 3Meanwhile, chop the spinach leaves coarsely and diced the red bell pepper half.
Step 4Toss the cooled and drained pasta with the spinach, red bell pepper, tomato halves, onion, garlic, and chicken.
Step 5Combine 1 cup of the mayonnaise with wine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, pepper, and basil.
Step 6Toss the dressing mixture with the pasta mixture. Add more mayonnaise, if needed. Taste and add salt, as needed. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving time for best flavor.