Sheet-Pan Roasted Mushrooms and Spinach
If you love to cook but don’t always feel like cooking, this minimalist recipe is the recipe for you. Great with just about any protein — salmon, steak, chicken or even eggs, wrapped into an omelet — it comes together in under a half-hour, and develops loads of character from its time spent in the oven. While this versatile vegan side pairs well with protein, it’s also great over rice or noodles.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1pound cremini mushrooms (or any combination of mushrooms you like), trimmed and sliced
- 3small shallots, peeled and sliced
- 4garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2tablespoons olive oil, plus more as needed
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2(5-ounce) containers baby spinach
Step 1Heat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together mushrooms, shallots, garlic and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer. Roast until golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 2Add spinach to the sheet pan, toss with mushrooms, and roast until wilted, about 5 minutes, turning once after 2 or 3 minutes and drizzling with a bit of olive oil if the mixture seems dry. Taste, and adjust seasoning. Serve hot or at room temperature.