Nectarine Neufchatel Cheesecake
Using fresh California peaches, neufchatel (1/3 less fat cream cheese) and non-fat yogurt, this cheesecake recipe is slimmed down without losing any vibrant flavor.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 12ounces Neufchatel (1/3 less fat cream cheese), at room temperature
- ⅓cup fat-free plain or Greek yogurt
- ⅓cup sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼teaspoon almond extract
- 3large egg whites egg whites
- 1(6 ounce) ready-to-use natural graham cracker pie crust (with no trans fat)
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2each fresh California nectarine, pitted and diced
- 2teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint
Step 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Beat cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and extracts with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg whites and eggs, beat just until smooth. Pour into crust and bake for 35 minutes or until center is nearly set. Cool on rack, then refrigerate for 3 hours or until well chilled. Whisk together honey and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add nectarines and mint and toss gently. Just before serving, top each slice with nectarine mixture. Sprinkle with almonds, if desired.