Enjoy baked oats for breakfast with bananas, mixed spice and your choice of chocolate chips, blueberries or raspberries. Serve warm with more fruit to make it extra-special
- Serves: 4 persons
- 100g porridge oats
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1banana, peeled and chopped
- 1tbsp maple syrup or honey
- pinch of mixed spice or ground cinnamon
- 100g chocolate chips, blueberries or raspberries, plus extra to serve
- flavourless oil, for the ramekins
Step 1Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the oats in a blender and pulse a few times until they start to resemble flour. Add the baking powder, chopped banana, maple syrup or honey, eggs and mixed spice or cinnamon, and whizz until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips or berries.
Step 2Lightly oil four heatproof ramekins, then divide the batter between them. Bake for 20-25 mins, or until well-risen and the baked oats spring back when lightly pressed. Scatter with more chocolate chips or berries before serving, if you like.