Mexican Chicken Patties with Avocado Sour Cream Spread
Threw them together on a busy day and they were so good I wanted to share. Recommended to be topped with iceberg lettuce, thin sliced tomato, Monterey Jack cheese, and hot salsa, or better yet, hot picante.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1pound ground chicken
- 1bunch green onions, chopped, or to taste
- 2egg whites
- 1bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, or to taste
- 1jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1½ tablespoons sour cream
- 1tablespoon ground dried chipotle pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2cups dry bread crumbs
- 2teaspoons garlic powder, or to taste
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1ripe avocado
- ½cup sour cream, or to taste
Step 1Combine ground chicken, green onions, egg whites, cilantro, jalapenos, 1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream, chipotle pepper, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Mix until sticky and difficult to handle.
Step 2Shape ground chicken mixture into patties. Combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Coat patties lightly with seasoned bread crumbs.
Step 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Step 4Mash avocado and 1/2 cup sour cream together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spread over chicken patties.