Delicious served with pork or ham, this apple chutney is made with raisins, dried cranberries, and spices.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2cups apple (tart, like Granny Smith, and chopped)
- ¼cup pecans (chopped)
- ⅓cup apple cider (or apple juice, plus more as needed)
- 3tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2tablespoons golden raisins
- 2tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1teaspoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- ½teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼teaspoon ground nutmeg
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Heat the butter in a medium saucepan.
Step 3Add the chopped apple, pecans, apple cider, brown sugar, raisins, cranberries, lemon juice, and spices.
Step 4Cook over medium heat until the apple is tender, dried fruits are softened, and cider has boiled away.
Step 5If the chutney looks dry, add a little more apple cider to keep the mixture from burning.
Step 6Serve warm or chilled with ham or pork.