Spicy Dorito® Taco Salad
A delicious refreshing taco salad with a tangy twist.
- Serves: 10 persons
- 1pound ground beef
- ½teaspoon garlic powder
- ½teaspoon chili powder
- ¼teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1head lettuce, chopped
- 5cups crushed nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips
- 2cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1(15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1tomato, diced
- ⅓cup chopped onion
- ¼cup pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1cup vegetable oil
- ½cup white sugar
- ½cup ketchup
- 1envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Step 1Cook ground beef, garlic powder, chili powder, and black pepper together in a skillet over medium heat until meat is brown and crumbly, about 10 minutes, breaking the meat up into chunks as it cooks. Drain excess grease, remove from heat, and let the meat cool.
Step 2Toss lettuce, tortilla chips, Colby-Jack cheese, kidney beans, tomato, onion, and pickled jalapeno peppers in a large salad bowl; mix in the beef.
Step 3Whisk vegetable oil, sugar, ketchup, taco seasoning, cider vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl until sugar has dissolved; pour dressing over the salad and toss again.