Smoky Vegan Chili
This recipe is a long-time favorite in my house. It's quick to make and is very healthy. The adobo chili is a must. You can find them in a small can in the Mexican food aisle of most grocery stores. This chili freezes well, so double the recipe if you want.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1onion, chopped
- 1(12 ounce) package vegetarian burger crumbles
- 1teaspoon browning sauce (such as Kitchen Bouquet®)
- 2(15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2cups vegetable broth
- 1(15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1(15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1(6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1tablespoon chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1teaspoon salt, or more to taste
Step 1Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
Step 2Stir burger crumbles and browning sauce with the onion until onion and crumbles are coated with sauce; add stewed tomatoes, vegetable broth, chili beans, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chipotle chili, and salt.
Step 3Bring mixture to a low boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the tomatoes and beans are softened, 15 to 20 minutes.