Instant Pot® Vegetarian Cabbage Soup
Bursting with cabbage, green beans, and lots of other vegetables, this vegetarian soup is easy to make in the Instant Pot®.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1large onion, chopped
- 2large carrots, chopped
- 3stalks celery, chopped
- 4cloves garlic, chopped
- 1small head cabbage, shredded
- 2cups 1-inch pieces fresh green beans
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 6cups unsalted vegetable stock
- 1(15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1(15 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Step 1Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Allow pot to heat for 3 minutes. Add oil, then add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are slightly softened, about 6 minutes.
Step 2Stir in cabbage, green beans, and salt. Add vegetable stock and both cans of tomatoes with their juices. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
Step 3Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes.
Step 4Remove the lid and stir in dill and parsley. Serve hot.