Ham and Veggie Crepe Kebabs
Another idea for savory crepe kebabs.
- Serves: 12 persons
- 1pound zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1medium yellow squash, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1orange bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1(16 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- 1cup milk
- ⅔cup all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1pinch salt
- 1pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 1(20 ounce) can pineapple slices, drained
- 1pound cherry tomatoes, halved
Step 1Place zucchini, squash, and bell pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add enough Italian dressing to coat vegetables. Squeeze out as much air as possible. Seal bag and refrigerate, at least 1 hour.
Step 2Combine milk, eggs, flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon oil, and salt in a blender. Process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate batter for 1 hour.
Step 3Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and brush with remaining oil. Pour 1/4 cup of crepe batter into the pan; tilt to completely coat the surface of the pan. Cook, turning once, until golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Let crepe rest on a clean surface until cool to the touch. Repeat with remaining batter.
Step 4Cut crepes into strips about 1 to 2 inches wide.
Step 5Preheat a grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Cook zucchini, squash, bell pepper, and ham until vegetables are soft but firm to the bite and ham reaches an internal temperature of at least 160 degrees F (71 degrees C), 8 to 10 minutes. Cut ham into bite-sized pieces.
Step 6Stack crepes, ham, zucchini, squash, peppers, pineapple, and tomatoes onto skewers in any fashion you prefer.