Spicy Jalapeño Cheeseburgers
This jalapeño cheeseburger recipe is perfect for those who enjoy burgers with a bit of a kick. Steak seasoning and soup mix give the meat rich flavor.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1to 2 pickled jalapeno peppers (finely chopped), plus extra for topping if desired
- ½package dried onion soup mix
- 1 ½teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- ¼cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3pounds ground beef
- 6slices American cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 6hamburger buns (toasted)
- Optional: condiments like mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard
- Optional: toppings of your choice, such as lettuce, tomato, onion
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Mix the jalapenos, soup mix, steak seasoning, salt, and Worcestershire sauce with the ground beef in a large mixing bowl.
Step 3Form the mixture into six 1/2-inch-thick patties. Preheat the grill to high heat.
Step 4Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until the desired level of doneness is achieved. During the last minute of cooking, place 1 slice of cheese on each burger.
Step 5Once the burgers are cooked through and the cheese is melted, remove from the grill and place on the toasted hamburger buns. Top with additional sliced jalapenos, if desired, and condiments and toppings.