This ooey, gooey cheese dip gets a little kick from the addition of fresh jalapeño pepper and chorizo sausage. Serve the dip hot with soft tortillas, or tortilla chips, depending on your mood.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 3ounces chorizo, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- ½to 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, if desired, and finely chopped
- ½pound Oaxacan cheese, mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese, diced small
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Corn or flour tortillas, for serving
Step 1In a medium skillet or a flame-proof gratin dish over moderate-high heat, cook chorizo until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, leaving any rendered fat in pan.
Step 2Stir in olive oil and jalapeño. Cook for 1 minute. Add cheese, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly, until cheese is fully melted, about 3 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and chorizo and serve hot from pan with tortillas for scooping up mixture.