Shrimp Boil Foil Packs
This delicious shrimp boil features neatly wrapped individual foil packs that are grilled to perfection for a fuss-free weeknight meal idea.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1pound shrimp (31 to 35 count, peeled and deveined )
- 1pound small red or gold potatoes (cut into small cubes, about 2 inches)
- 2ears of corn on the cob (husked, cleaned, chopped into small rounds)
- 1(12-ounce) smoked sausage (such as kielbasa ) or andouille (sliced into 2- to 3-inch long pieces)
- ½yellow or red onion (medium-sized, thinly sliced)
- 2cloves garlic (minced)
- 4tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1teaspoon salt
- ½teaspoon pepper
- 2tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- Garnish: 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- Garnish: 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- Garnish: 2 lemons (sliced, about 12 wedges)
- Garnish: 1 stick butter (melted)
Step 1Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 F or the grill to medium-high (about 400 F). If using frozen shrimp place the package under cold water for 10 minutes to thaw.
Step 2Bring 2 quarts of water to a roaring boil and add the potatoes and corn. Reduce the heat and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes on simmer and drain into a colander. Set aside.
Step 3While the potatoes and corn are cooking, prepare 4 sets of 12-inch by 24-inch long aluminum foil sheets. Fold each in half, forming a square. If using industrial aluminum foil simply prepare sheets measuring 12-inches square. Slightly fold up the edges of the sheets.
Step 4In a large bowl, combine the drained potatoes and corn, sausage, thawed shrimp, onion, and garlic. Drizzle with the 4 tablespoons of melted butter, season with salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning. Mix very well to coat all of the ingredients.
Step 5Divide the shrimp boil ingredients between the four aluminum foil sheets.
Step 6Neatly fold into packets, ensuring a good seal.
Step 7Place them onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. If grilling, place the packets directly onto the grill surface and cook for 15 minutes, flipping once after about 8 minutes.
Step 8Serve the packets slightly opened up, garnished with chopped parsley, a pinch of Old Bay seasoning, and a few lemon wedges. Serve the 1 stick of melted butter on the side for optional drizzling over the shrimp boil or for dipping.